To Preface, I am pretty sure that both moose and fires are attracted to me the proof is as follows.
FIRE EVENT #1
FIRE EVENT #2 & #3
This wonderful picture was taken from my apartment window. Tip for those moving out - Never move into an apartment complex with 900 19/20 year old girls. This was a picture after being told it was safe to come back in. And this is only one of two fires that happened in that building in the last three months. Needless to say I am moving to another complex, but there are other reasons in addition to my life and safety :)
FIRE EVENT #4
This is where I work. Normally, I work pretty late but yesterday I left early to watch my niece and nephew. An hour or so later my mom called and told me she drove by where I work and one of the buildings was on fire. I drove by and got this picture. I spoke to a police officer who told me no one was hurt. Which is good. The building that was on fire was the maintenance shop which means that yes I still have a job. I really won't know much until Monday at work.
Do you believe me that I attract fires yet? Now the moose...
MOOSE EVENT #1 & #2
Sorry no pictures for these ones unfortunately, I didn't take my phone or camera on the river with me.
So when it is nice an hot out, we like to take to the river and leisurely float. The river is not that wide or that fast. My dear friend Todd had mentioned seeing moose on previous trips but I didn't really think it was going to be an issue. I was wrong!
First trip down the river we come around a corner and I see a large dark brown animal on the other side, 20 ft away from us. I really really wanted it to be a cow but it didn't take long to realize it was not. I think the giant rack on it's head made that quite simple. One of my idiot friends, if you're reading this Mark I say idiot with the warmest friendliest intentions, wanted to swim over to it as I was having a heart attack about being that close on a flimsy air mattress. But luckily the moose got annoyed and ventured off.
The second trip down the river was uneventful but the third time we again encountered a moose mere meters away from us as we floated towards it. Freaky! But once again the moose meandered away. This one was a female.
MOOSE EVENT #3
This is my most traumatic experience by far. I literally had anxiety for at least a week after this.
My roommates and I were coming home and as we got out of the car I glanced over and saw what I at first thought was a horse running through the parking lot. It was weird to see a horse but when I took a double take I realized it was not a horse, it was a moose! My roommates didn't believe me when I yelled out but when the moose came to a dead end and turned it's gait toward us, they certainly knew I wasn't crazy and ran screaming. It was pretty frightening and I am sure glad that some guys on their four-wheelers came screaming in scaring the moose back towards the corner. The moose had no option but to bound up the stairs and between the buildings. From this point the newspaper article, picture and video can show you the rest. She ended up jumping a fence that got her stuck in a field.
http://www.uvsj.com/news/moose-draws-a-crowd-near-apartment-complex/article_3f9bc93a-c555-11e1-a1c8-0019bb2963f4.html#axzz21zAXcSoU
MOOSE EVENT #4
So this one is just kind of funny. A friend in my spanish class liked to bug me about moose searching me out. There was another moose on campus the next week he said the moose was looking for me.
Then one day he handed me this piece of paper and I was like what but when I turned it over this is what I saw.
Funny yes, pretty good drawing though hey :) LOL
Well that is all for now, as you can see my life is pretty boring :)









1 comment:
first off, that is more eventful than my last few months! please keep writing-it's good to have a catch up!
PS: attracting all those fires...at least that means the firemen would be close? Rrrrrr :)
Post a Comment